Hey, We're Hiring!
Events Team Lead + Project Management Intern
Paid + Full-Time (Contract) | April (Flexible) - End of August | Entry Level
About MakeLab. Three years ago, we took eight 3D printers to a Toronto bar and taught design ‘till last call. We’ve since taken all of our tools out of the lab, inventing ways to spark wonder and creativity in unexpected places. Our hands-on laser cutters, light tables, fabric printers, and food photo booths have been featured at the ROM, AGO, Fashion Week and TIFF, and at the centre of custom experiences for brands like Absolut, Microsoft, Samsung, Lexus and Sephora. Our mission is to invent hands-on interactive experiences around the world.
The Position. In an always fast-paced and sometimes crazed close-knit environment, we each wear many different hats in building a thriving creative studio. Your experience will be no different – splitting your time between in-studio planning and on-site event execution. When in-studio, you'll work with our production and logistics team to precisely plan upcoming event interactives. On-site at events, you'll be leading members of our events team, and coordinating with clients to bring the plan to life. Your work will be challenging and your opinions will matter. An independent, forward thinking mindset will serve you well, as will a willingness to do, fail, learn, and repeat. This is a full-time entry level position with irregular hours, which means you'll need the flexibility to work evenings and weekends on relatively short notice.
- Your friends describe you as an incredibly competent person, outgoing, energetic with a get-shit-done attitude
- You're an exceptional communicator
- You have experience in the field of marketing, communication, event planning or alike
- You have the ability to be a leader, while also working as a part of a team
- You feel comfortable lifting heavy equipment (50-70 lbs at most)
- You have your passport, can travel and like to do so
- You like making people smile and clients happy
- You don’t mind the small tasks and know they make all the difference in the big picture
- You must have a driver's license and are comfortable driving a van
- Paid training opportunities and mentorship
- Opportunity for paid work/travel adventures
- Fast-paced learning environment between advertising, marketing and event planning fields
- Opportunity for contract extension to full-time Project Manager position
- Free access to 3D printers and laser cutters for personal projects
- Front row view of a high-growth startup
Apply. When you’re ready to apply, send us your cover letter and resume through Workable. Please note, while we read every cover letter and resume, we are a small team and are regrettably only able to contact candidates under consideration.